About City Harvest Family Church
The first time you step through the doors of City Harvest Family Church you’ll notice one thing: Jesus Christ is the central theme of everything we do. It is our focus and purpose to provide a place where he is exalted, first and foremost. We provide an environment where people can come to know Jesus Christ, personally, not only as Savior, but also as Lord.
We are just one part of the Body of Christ throughout the nations of the world. In fact, we are a church made up of nations. We’re not concerned about whether you consider yourself young or old, rich or poor – all are welcome to worship, pray, and study the word of God together.
Our name says it all. We are a family – children of God, through faith in Jesus Christ. In addition to that we are a community that celebrates, encourages and strengthens families. We believe that a healthy, loving family is the Father’s original design. So, our desire is that everything we do and say demonstrate that we are a healthy church family.
Our mission is revival - first in the city of Albany, then the Capital Region, then the world. We want to see all people - all nations, all tribes, all tongues – receive the Good News of Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
We live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ and demonstrate the grace of God through impacting people with the perfect, unconditional love of the Father. We reconnect people to their Father in Heaven through worship and through serving our city.
What We Believe
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is.
- He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful.
- The eternal Godhead is One God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; Each possessing all attributes of deity: Creator of all, all loving, just, the One who has made covenant with mankind through Jesus Christ. We are monotheistic in our understanding of the only true and living God.
- There is one way to the Father – through relationship with His son, Jesus Christ.
At salvation, the Holy Spirit indwells every and is the source of assurance, strength, and wisdom – guiding us in understanding and applying the truth of the Word of God
- His power and control are appropriated by faith and make it possible to lead a life of Christ-like character to the glory of God.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit is an experience of being immersed and filled with God’s Spirit, from above, enabling the believer to be a witness of the resurrection and manifest gifts and ministries with power.
- The common evidence of this baptism is speaking in tongues, and the evidence of being filled with the Spirit is love from a pure heart.
- The Gifts of the Spirit are given to each believer to edify the church and as miracles to attract unbelievers. Prophecy, healings, and tongues are common manifestations of the Holy Spirit among us. This should all be done decently and in order.
- There are five ministries Christ gave to the Church for oversight, maturing, edification, and strengthening. The apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher are the elders of the church and with the deacons are the official government of the church.
- Giving of Finances is an act of worship. Tithes (10% of gross income), offerings (free-will gifts), and alms (to meet the needs of the poor) are given regularly to the local church and are overseen and dispersed by the elders and deacons. The finances are used to support the ministries and missions of the local church.
Our Pastors and Leadership
Senior Pastor Ernest Fink (Elder)
and Nancy Fink (Deaconess)
Pastor Collins Mbango, elder and Sarah Mbango, deaconess
Pastor Dana Pickett Sr., elder and Suzie Zeigler-Pickett, deaconess
Pastor Mike Vincent, elder and Tracy Vincent, deaconess
Pastor Yousaf Younis, Elder
Deaconess Jacquie Packham
Deacon Jeff Esquerra and Eugene Esquerra, deaconess
Deacon Theo Amegashie
Deaconess Loretta Feldman